Wednesday, August 8, 2012

AUGUST 8!!! DUE Date DAY!!!!

So I back posted this to August 8th even though it is June 2013 that I am typing this.  I made sure that I logged everything that was going on this day and from the transition of then and now I have changed phones and lost my log... So disapointed right now but I will try to remember what went on that day.....

5:30 am : I walked myself into the maternity Birth Center ... I was checked into one of the labor and delivery rooms and was given a gown to put on and get into bed to get all hooked up.  The room is small but al least I didn't have to share it with someone else.  The night shift nurse came in and tried to hook up my left arm to the IV but something just did not feel right.  I started to feel numbness and slight pain.  I asked if it was supposed to feel this way and they said that I shouldn't feel it at all.  Another nurse came in and told her that she should start another IV on my right... So now my left arm is sore and usless and my right is hooked up with the IV.  To me that was not a good sign to start off my morning.

8:00 am : Dr Milov walked in to do a quick run through of what was going to happen throughout the day.  He looked at my charts and said that I looked really good and that the baby's heartreate was good.  I didn't really need to get induced that day and could go home if I wanted... Meanwhile I was already in bed with the IV hooked up to me for the second time.  I was in complete shock because My husband and I were ready to have the baby... To throw a decision that I could go home and just come in to have the baby naturally was a curve ball to my plans.  Of course I would love to have the baby with out getting induced but we were already there and ready to go!  He gaves us some time to think it over and I did have a little break down because it was becoming all soooo real... We are having a baby today!

9:00 am : At this point the midwife Susie and her apprentice midwife Jasmine came.   They gave me the meds to induce the labor... This is a small pill that is inserted in the vaginal region and would slowly induce the labor process....

12:00 pm :  I started to feel minor contractions....

1:30 pm : The contractions were getting stronger and at this point I thought my water had broke.  I went to the bathroom and while I was in there my husband had changed the bed padding because it was wet but did not tell the nurse or myself about it so no one knew that it had broke.  Jasmine came in to check up on me and felt that there was no sack and said that my water broke!

2:30 pm :  The anestethiologist came in to give me my epidural... Let's face it... I'm not trying to be super woman.  At that point the contractions felt strong and were getting closer together...  It took about 2 contractions later that I did not feel major pain... I felt tugs but not ones were I felt knives were trying to punch their way out of my body!  I figured that I should rest up and try to take a nap because our world would change!

5:30 pm:  The midwife Jasmine came in to do her daily check up on me and asked how I was doing... I was very relaxed and as she was examining me she said that I was about ready to go... I'm thinking to myself... Really?  I think I was about 9cm diallated at that time....  The nurse came in to prep the tables and the heat lamp for baby... The mirror from the ceiling came down.. they adjusted the bed to the sturrips and low and behold my resting room turned into a delivery room!

5:45 pm :  Midwife Susie, Jasmine and the nurse were in the room to deliver baby boy... Husband was to the right of me gearing up to aid to my delivery....  At this point I felt the tugs from the contractions but honestly the nurse/ midwife had to tell me when to push.  We tried many techniques and the one that I found the best was to hold on the the bars on the side of the bed to pull myself to pushing if that makes any sense.. The grabbing of the towels was uncomfortable... the supports of my legs to my chest from the husband and midwife was awkward... 

6:40 pm:  I saw Midwife Susie leave the room only to come back with Dr Milov.... At the beginning of the whole process I had asked a question about the midwives doing the delivery... They said that they do all of the deliveries but the Dr's come in for the emergencies and C-sections....  When I saw him my heart sank in some way but still thriving on the high of trying to push my little one to the world.

7:02 pm : My little boy has arrived!!!  Jasmine was the one to deliver my son with the assist of Dr Milov.  However my husband told me that Dr Milov deliverd our son and Jasmine assisted.  I heard one cry and then he stopped.. The nurse flashed him real quick before my eyes and brought him to the heating table.  About ten nurses came in to assist along with the NICU dr.  I was so overwhelmed by the experience and was wondering why there were so many people in my room!  Jasmine was working on me still to stitch me up.... and what seemed like a long time to me.... I saw Dr Milov jump in to help stitch me back together... He told me "sorry it took a while you ripped pretty bad and it's like a puzzle peice"...   Really!!!!  Meanwhile... Leo was getting hooked up to an oxygen breathalizer and my husband was talking to the NICU Dr.... and my precious little boy was whisked away to the NICU.....

I was told that Leo came out with his right hand up and the cord wrapped around his neck and arm. 
I'm impressed at how well the staff acted and was able to make sure he had the attention he needed. 
Born on 8.8.12 at 7 lbs .03 oz and 21 in long

8:00 pm:  I was moved to the recovery floor in a wheel chair of course... I was in semi pain and my belly just felt so weird!  It was still huge as though I was pregnant. 

8:30 pm:  Family came to visit but I felt awful because we didn't have baby in the room with us...  He was in an incubater in the Nicu department and they only allowed the parents and one guest at a time to visit baby... My husband had to take each and everyone in to take a peek... I felt awkward because here I am in a room with no baby with me.  My mom, sister, her boyfriend, mother in law, father in law, younger brother in law, older brother in law, his wife and their son, their cousin and cousin brought a friend...too many people.. I think I would have felt better if my baby was with me... In the meanwhile I hear a baby crying in the next room over and they had the time to bond with their baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment