Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What is best......

So I come home from work and my husband tells me that he has some gossip! I love gossip and I asked who is involved... He told me him and his mother.... uh oh...
My husband called his mother for a friendly hello and to see how things are going. She asked him how I was feeling and he said that we were going to schedule for our first ultrasound next week. Exciting times! She started lecturing him that we shouldn't be going to the doctor's office so much. That they just want your money. My husband was trying to explain to her that his company has good coverage and that should not be a problem. She then continued to tell him that we should probably see the doctor when I'm about 4 month in and at that point once a month. Let's see... My doctor told me to schedule for my first ultrasound to hear the first heartbeat and my mother in law is saying that it's too early and that I shouldn't go.... Which advice would you follow? My Doctor of course! She grew up in another country with little medical attention and where money was very tight. She said that she had three kids with no problem. Well that is great news but that would not stop me from following doctor's orders. All she seemed to care about was the money issue for the medical insurance. She told her son if you run out of money by the time you have your baby don't try to ask her for any. Like we were going to anyway. For one, we will not need it because we have great coverage and two, I would never go to them for money even if I was to the last dime. She hung up on my husband before they were done talking because she was so heated. She wouldn't pick up the phone when he tried to call back. All because I was seeing the doctor more then she thought necessary. First baby for me and first grandbaby in the family! You would think that there would be more support then this!

No comments:

Post a Comment