Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Anovulatory cycles - I never knew it existed!

I was coming into this cycle with an open mind and very optimistic about the possibility that this could be my time to carry a baby. Well... 36 days into the cycle and there was no sign of an ovualtion. I've found out that you can have a cycle and not ovulate (realease an egg). Your body could be gearing up to but then decide that it's not going to. This is what I think my body is experiencing. Not what I really want and hoping that it's not happening to me.

Here's some things that I've read....
A woman may gear up to ovulate more then once in her cycle but not actually ovulate each time. Sometimes a woman will have an ovulation test show up positive more than once during her cycle; however, a positive ovulation test does no guarantee that ovulation will occur. Women can gear up to ovulate and then not actually release of an egg.

If you notice multiple patches of ewcm on your chart but your temperatures do not show a clear thermal shift then you may be having anovulatory cycles. What this means is that your body is trying to ovulate, which is why you are seeing the patches of ewcm, but for some reason you are not ovulating. During a typical ovulation chart you will see ewcm followed by a temperature shift and a drying up of cervical mucous. You should feel dry after you ovulate. This is one way to confirm that ovulation has occured. If you are having patches of CM but you are not seeing a clear biphasic chart, it could mean that you are not ovulating.

No comments:

Post a Comment